Reservoir Linings / Opgaar Dam Voerings
Rainbow Tarps and Linings can manufacture Reservoir Linings / Geomembranes to fit round, square, rectangular shaped water storage reservoirs,
These linings are suitable for :
- cement dams
- brick dams
- zinc dams
- welded mesh wall dams
- steel frame reservoirs
Reservoir Linings can be made to any size or specifications for leaking dams using one of the following UV stabilised reinforced plastic PVC liners:
- 450 micron – Entry level liner, suitable for irrigation, aquaponics and live stock dams.
- 500 micron – Suitable for irrigation, aquaponics, aqua culture (fish farming) and live stock dams.
- 600 micron – Potable water liner (Suitable for human consumption).
- 700 micron – Tough liner ideal for fish farming, swimming pools, irrigation dams.
- ALL micron – Ask about our Rainbow Range of liners for a cost-effective deal.
A UV shield is recommended when a reservoir cover is not being used. A 320-micron PVC mesh a specialised reinforced PVC mesh or 450-micron liner that is welded into place on the dam’s walls to protect the liner from extended UV damage, it covers the section of the liner that folds over the outside of the wall, the section on top of the wall and approximately the first 70 cm inside the dam.
This is especially useful on irrigation dams where the water levels are continually fluctuating, leaving the walls of the dam exposed to the suns UV rays daily or for an extended period.
This is a cost-effective way to prolong the lifespan of any dam liner. In years to come one need only replace the UV Shield not the liner.
Reservoir Lining Installation
All our reservoir linings are a simple DIY installation. Fully illustrated instructions come with the liner including everything required to complete the installation i.e. Outlet fitting, Cable to hold liner in place etc.
Factory installations can be arranged at a fee. This would include travel costs, accommodation if necessary and cost of the installation itself.
How To Measure Your Reservoir To Order The Correct Size Liner
- Measure the inside diameter of the dam (from one side to the other).
- Measure the height of the wall.
- Measure the thickness of the wall (single brick, double brick, Zinc or Mesh).
- What size of the outlet and how many outlets would you need?
- Select the material you wish to use.
All reservoirs can be fitted with either a 280g PVC mesh or 550g reinforced PVC solid cover. By adding a reservoir cover, one reduces / eliminates harmful UV rays prolonging the life span of the liner, preventing debris entering the water, reduces evaporation and in case of the solid 550g cover will prevent algae growth in the water as well.
We manufacture pitched or flat reservoir covers for all types of dams ie brick, zinc or mesh walled dams from the following materials: -
• 280g reinforced PVC mesh (net), colour white only. This white mesh reduces harmful UV rays and extends the life span of the liner as well as reducing evaporation (water loss) and preventing debris from entering the reservoir and polluting the water. We highly recommend this small additional cost of the PVC mesh cover to extend the life span of the liner.
• 550g reinforced tarpaulin, colour black. This cover has the added benefit of eliminating sunlight penetrating the water, thus eliminating algae growth and at the same time significantly extending the life span of the liner, reducing evaporation, preventing debris from entering the reservoir and polluting the water.
All pitched reservoir covers come standard with the following:
• Supporting cables
• U bolts
• Rawl bolts if necessary